Sunday, August 31, 2008

The one they used

Here is the cartoon they used in Prospect instead of the family one that I stuck on here a couple of posts down. Again, I am going for real simplicity, which gives the cartoon a strong graphic feel. What is weird about this one though, is trying to dress up two trees to make them look like a police officer and a plain clothes detective. I went for a kind of strange semi-jacket body stocking approach. I hope it gives the right visual information without detracting from the joke. The joke, by the way, was inspired by Dexter. Serial killers are kind of in-vogue at the moment, aren't they? Maybe this one can be re-sold to a serial-killer trade magazine. Do they have one? With articles on keeping your bone-saws sharp? Any serial killers out there, let me know.

No comments: